The Grandstream GXP2140 is a full-featured IP phone designed for Enterprise and SMB Users. This IP Phone features a large LCD Display, support for up to 6 SIP accounts, PoE (Power Over Ethernet), and HD Audio.
GXP2140 is one of the company’s latest enterprise grade IP phone solutions. On the hardware side of things, the phone features a maximum of 4 lines, a 4.3 inch TFT Color LCD, 5 XML programmable context-sensitive soft keys, and dual Gigabit network ports. It offers fully integrated PoE, an Electronic Hook Switch (EHS), and 4 GXP2200EXT modules to view an additional 160 contacts. The phone’s language can be customized for global use, and it comes pre-loaded with weather and currency exchange apps.
The GXP2140 delivers HD audio quality on both the handset and the speakerphone. This is a strong plus for OnSIP customers because the phone will allow them to take advantage of our platform’s advanced HD voice capabilities. Is this an accurate description? We put the GXP2140 to the test.
The manufacturer states the phone is intended as a “high quality, feature rich IP multi-line executive IP phone with advanced functionality and performance.” This is generally accurate and a highly capable VoIP phone that offers users a broad array of advanced features. It is clearly a distinguished device in terms of its technical capacities. But what level of distinguishment do the GXP2140 achieve when it is compared to other high mid-tier devices? We decided to take a look.
- Supports 4 lines, 4 SIP accounts and 5-way voice conferencing
- HD audio on speakerphone and handset, 5 programmable context-sensitive soft keys
- Compatible with GXP2200 LCD extension module (GXP2200 EXT)
- 4.3 inch (480×272) color-screen LCD
- Dual Gigabit ports integrated PoE
- Integrated Bluetooth for use with Bluetooth headsets and Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices (transferring contact books and calls), USB, EHS for Plantronics headsets.